Saturday 31 May 2014

Neal's Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm Collaboration


Last year I was invited  by Neal's Yard Remedies to re-design the packaging for a 10 year anniversary edition of their best selling Wild Rose Beauty Balm.

Having worked with them previously to create a bespoke brooch for their Bee Lovely campaign, I was delighted to be considered again for such a prestigious event.

The brief was to keep it simple. To honour the organic ingredients of the beauty balm; Geranium, Patchouli, Rose hip and Borage.

I illustrated some simple (yet beautiful) watercolour and ink drawings and sent them off. Little did I expect that my first draft would be enough. Neal's Yard loved them. We were on the same page....


Several months later, I was invited to their Head quarters nr Gillingham in Dorset. To gain access to such a place was a real treat. There I met with the Marketing Director Nicola Nolan who got me involved in the project. She gave me a tour of the building...(woah is all I can say) and I even got to step inside the production room. I was shown a mock up for the packaging and couldn't believe how beautiful is was going to look.

Several months later, the limited edition product was launched. It is so exciting to see our collaboration now in the shops albeit slightly surreal.
ta dah!


My designs as decals in the Bath Store. So lovely to see it in the flesh. 
I was also asked to create some mugs as press gifts.

And I was invited to be guest speaker at an event in Bath run by Neal's Yard Remedies consultant Sian Hendra. It was a slightly daunting prospect, but a brilliant opportunity to talk about working with Neal's Yard and how the project came about. I took along my original drawings which went down a treat. And a few of my friends came along for moral support (thanks Amy and Marjorie my lovely housemates and Charlotte Farmer who prepped me with a G&T before hand).




1 comment:

  1. Choose Designer Wedding Shoes with Freya Rose USA
    https://freyaroseusa.wordpress.com/2015/08/04/choose-designer-wedding-shoes-with-freya-rose-usa/
    Freya Rose USA is also offer a wide range of awesome wedding shoes. They have a huge collection of such footwear for the bride. You can find all kinds of wedding shoes here like bespoke bridal shoes, designer low wedding shoes, pearl heel wedding shoes, lace wedding shoes and may more. Freya Rose offers you class and craftsmanship with their designs and looks.

    ReplyDelete