Sunday 5 January 2014

What a beauty you were 2013....


It seems that 2013 came and went in a flash and what a corker she was!

I had my first full year living in Bristol, living in an amazing house with some of the most beautiful people I have ever met. Lots of laughter, scrummy food, an arts trail, one super holiday to Croatia and much more to come.


My little business is growing and this year I introduced new products to my range including mugs, tea towels and melamine coasters. Ooh-er! My ceramical bits and bobs have found new homes with customers and are seeing more of the Uk than I am with new stockists in Scotland, London, Devon and many more places. 

In September I took a short break from work (shh) and hopped on a bus up to Stoke for the week to help my friend Corrina Thornton install a site specific body of work as part of the Ceramics Biennale 2013. 


The Christmas period started in earnest back in September and it was all hands to the deck organising stock piles for a busy season. Many thanks to the lovely Elise Menghini for all her help prepping this crazy period, for cups of coffee and laughter. Fairs and markets included the Country Living Christmas Gift Fair at the London Business and Design Centre in Islington. Sharing a pitch with fellow maker and pal Kay Morgan we set up home for a week selling to the public. It was an interesting (and exhausting) experience and we're still friends! Bonza, So much so that we plan many more adventures together this year. The rest of the festive season included many more fairs including the excellent Renegade Craft Fair Crafty Fox Market and Frome Supermarket 


I have been fortunate enough this year to have had a few exciting commissions including working with the charity Ape Action Africa designing a mug and badge for them.  I was also invited by the folks of  Made in Bristol to design a bespoke 'Bristol' mug which was sold in their shops over the Christmas period. I am currently working on a very exciting project with a super duper British company who make beautiful homeopathic products. Although I can't say very much at the moment, I am extremely excited about the next couple of months...all will be revealed very soon. 


To stockists, customers, family and friends...thanks for all your support, time and company in 2013. Looking forward to an exciting year ahead. Cheers.x



No comments:

Post a Comment