Tuesday 28 May 2013

Super fun bank holidays.

I kick started my Bank Holiday weekend with a trip over to Bath on Friday to help out at the Fringe Arts Bath opening night. My lovely friends Scarlett & Arran along with a whole host of volunteers have worked their socks off over the past months/weeks/days/hours to bring another amazing showcase of visual arts to the city. It runs from Friday 24th May - Sunday 9th June. Take a look at their website right here. http://www.fringeartsbath.co.uk/


Saturday was play day so I spent the day (perhaps with a cider or two) with a friend boogieing away in the sun to Bonobo, Mr Scruff & a whole host of other amazing musicians & DJ's at the Love Saves the Day Festival in Bristol. Love this video for 'Cirrus' by Bonobo.


Up at the crack of dawn on Sunday and a mad dash to catch the train to London, I spent a lovely afternoon meandering round Shoreditch and Brick Lane with my oldest pal Helen. My longtime consideration of purchasing a 'fanny pack' mainly for practical reasons over aesthetic, has now been reignited after realising that this is the no.1 fashion accessory of East london.

Monday was work day and so I trundled off with Ceramic suitcase in tow to Old Spitalfields market where I spent a lovely day selling my wares to friendly punters. It was great to see some regular faces (Brendan and Ruth of) I am acrylic  and met some lovely new faces Home Slice Design whose ceramics are just brilliant.
i am acrylic ( I have this necklace & I heart it a lot) 

HomeSlice Design
I had the pleasure of selling next to the amazing Illustrator/Printmaker Dorota Janecka & her technical assistant beau Nick for the day. Not only is her work amazing but they are a jolly lovely couple & were rather funny too! 

Dorota Janecka



Phew! What a weekend. Looking forward to the next Bank Holiday though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment